Re: dns help - DNS

This is a discussion on Re: dns help - DNS ; If you run a BIND 9.2.0 or newer name server, you can flush the cache with rndc flush. With older name servers, you need to kill the name server and restart it to flush the cache. You can do that ...

  1. Re: dns help

    If you run a BIND 9.2.0 or newer name server, you can flush the cache with rndc
    flush. With older name servers, you need to kill the name server and restart
    it to flush the cache. You can do that in one fell swoop with rndc
    restartor rndc
    exec. (O'Reilly's Cooking with DNS and BIND)
    On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Abdulah Al-Amoudi
    wrote:

    > Dear,
    > I have DNS with Unix system
    > I would like to clear my dns cache ?? what commend I do
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Eng. Abdullah M Alamoudi
    > System Administrator
    > International Computer Co.
    > Saudi Arabia - Jeddah
    > amoudi9@icc.net.sa
    > Mobile.+966504652466
    > Tel. +966 2 6644446 Ext (213)
    > Fax +966 2 6602724

  2. Re: dns help

    "Dawn Connelly" writes:

    > If you run a BIND 9.2.0 or newer name server, you can flush the cache
    > with rndc flush. With older name servers, you need to kill the name
    > server and restart it to flush the cache. You can do that in one fell
    > swoop with rndc restart or rndc exec. (O'Reilly's Cooking with DNS and
    > BIND)

    http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/versions_and_support.php says that 9.2.X is in
    end of life. i strongly recommend upgrading to 9.5.0, or 9.4.3, or 9.3.5.
    --
    Paul Vixie

  3. Re: dns help

    On Jun 22 2008, Paul Vixie wrote:

    >"Dawn Connelly" writes:
    >
    >> If you run a BIND 9.2.0 or newer name server, you can flush the cache
    >> with rndc flush. With older name servers, you need to kill the name
    >> server and restart it to flush the cache. You can do that in one fell
    >> swoop with rndc restart or rndc exec. (O'Reilly's Cooking with DNS and
    >> BIND)

    >http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/versions_and_support.php says that 9.2.X is in
    >end of life. i strongly recommend upgrading to 9.5.0, or 9.4.3, or 9.3.5.

    To paraphrase Alice, "he only said _if_ ..."

    And 9.4.3 isn't released yet, is it? It's apparently still at 9.4.3b1.

    --
    Chris Thompson
    Email: cet1@cam.ac.uk

  4. Re: dns help

    > >http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/versions_and_support.php says that 9.2.X is in
    > >end of life. i strongly recommend upgrading to 9.5.0, or 9.4.3, or 9.3.5.

    > To paraphrase Alice, "he only said _if_ ..."

    :-).

    > And 9.4.3 isn't released yet, is it? It's apparently still at 9.4.3b1.

    right. though anyone planning to run it should already be testing it,
    and all BIND sites should be planning to run it unless they're moving
    straight to 9.5.X. sorry for getting a little ahead of myself there.
    if you have to have 9.4.x and you don't want to be part of the beta,
    use 9.4.2 at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread