This indicates that the maximum incoming transfers for the specified zone/master-ip has been reached. Defaults are 10 incoming transfers at once and/or 2 transfers-per-nameserver-ip at once.

Blaine

-----Original Message-----
From: bind-users-bounce@isc.org [mailto:bind-users-bounce@isc.org]On
Behalf Of Smith, William E. (Bill), Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 12:05 PM
To: bind-users@isc.org
Subject: What does Zone transfer deferred due to quota mean?

I'm in the process of setting up some new DNS servers. After starting
up BIND which by itself starts up without any errors, the server fails
to perform a zone transfer from the primary. When I look at my logs, I
see errors such as this for every zone
02-Feb-2005 12:00:23.589 info: zone jhuapl.edu/IN/internet: zone
transfer deferred due to quota

I've googled this error and searched the list archives but really didn't
find anything. I've never seen this error before and am at a loss as to
where the problem may lie. Will provide any further info as
needed/requested

TIA,

- Bill