On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 fredrik.pettai@vattenfall.com wrote:

> >I had similar problems. I solved them using rbldnsd as the backend for
> >DNSBL zones, with named in front of it.
> >

> Could you be more specific? Are you running both named and rbldnsd, on
> the same server? (then you would need virtual IPs atleast?) And with
> named infront of it?... By doing forwarding to the "rbl-zone" in
> named.conf?

here's what I'm doing:

. both named and rbldnsd are running on the same server

. rbldnsd listens on 127.0.0.1 port 54

. the DNSBL stanzas in named.conf are setup like this:

zone "dnsbl.sorbs.net" in {
type forward;
forward only;
forwarders { 127.0.0.1 port 54; };
};

Dave Lugo dlugo@etherboy.com LC Unit #260 TINLC
Have you hugged your firewall today? No spam, thanks.
Are you the police? . . . . No ma'am, we're sysadmins.