dns entry for top domain name - DNS

This is a discussion on dns entry for top domain name - DNS ; Hi, I'm trying to figure out what would be the correct entry in the db file so i can resolve a top domain.. ie..i want to resolve foo.com what would i need to have in the file? i tried. * ...

  1. dns entry for top domain name

    Hi,

    I'm trying to figure out what would be the correct entry in the db
    file so i can resolve a top domain..

    ie..i want to resolve

    foo.com

    what would i need to have in the file?

    i tried.

    * in a 192.168.1.2
    foo.com. in a 192.168.1.2

    and that didnt seem to work for foo.com...it works to resolve
    .foo.com

    but what's the line i need to resolve foo.com itself?

    thanx

  2. Re: dns entry for top domain name

    Le 27-01-2005, John a écrit*:
    > * in a 192.168.1.2
    > foo.com. in a 192.168.1.2

    Try:
    @ in A 192.168.1.2

    --
    Xavier Nicollet - FT/SCR/HDI/DDPO/POO/DTQ/Hebex (Wanadoo Bagnolet)

+ Reply to Thread