John Hascall wrote:
>>>It is "non-trash" by any sane definition.

>>then make it non-trash by some insane definition. for example, make it
>>match one of the NS.NSDNAME's, according to the "dns view" seen by your
>>dhcp population. if you want your master hidden, then make sure that the
>>non-dhcp-population sees some other SOA and NS for that zone. no problem.

> I would have to agree that a hidden master that is seen
> by all your dhcp clients is an insane definition of hidden.
> I think a far better solution for me is to lobotomize
> that section of code in dhcpd.

As someone about to hide our hidden master, it sounds like the best
solution will be to make the SOA record *not* the hidden master, but
instead a public DNS server, and then it's by all means... hidden.

Does that break anything else?

Of course, we don't use DDNS, so I just chuck all update logs and don't
worry about it, but...

Phil Dibowitz
Freeware and Technical Pages Insanity Palace of Metallica

- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: OpenPGP digital signature

Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -

iD8DBQFB+JtCN5XoxaHnMrsRAhvwAKCbYicpHYkavZx5MhNQqu 7ELJspGgCfb7dc