In article ,
"kirkgbr@yahoo(dot)com" wrote:

> Barry,
> As a side bar, could you give us an example of the script which went
> out and checked these delegations.

What do you mean by "an example"? Do you mean you want a copy of the
script? I don't have it, as I no longer work there. I didn't write
this particular script, so I can't easily recreate it. And it was
heavily dependent on the Informix database that we used to build our DNS

> I know that the name servers which I support have many zones in our
> config which we are not authoritative for. I have been trying my best
> to come up with a way to properly check this information without
> hammering the whois servers.

We didn't touch the whois servers, we queried DNS to get delegation

Barry Margolin,
Arlington, MA