In article ,
"kirkgbr@yahoo(dot)com" wrote:

> I gotcha (i think). The actual query data being sent depends on the
> type of source "device".
> stub resolver=client sends one type of "data" for queries.
> recursion enabled name servers send a different type of "data" for
> queries.
> Did i get that correct?

Right. A client sends a single query to its nameserver, and requests
that it perform recursion to get the answer for it.

When the server is trying to get the answer, it sends non-recursive
requests. It expects to get back referrals and keeps querying more
specific servers.

Barry Margolin,
Arlington, MA