>> I'm using 9.3.0 , but this problem was also on 9.2.3

>> This is the problem description:

>> When i enter this command:

>> "host -t mx domain.dom mydns.mydomain.mydom" ,

>> bind tells me

>> "Host domain.dom not found: 2(SERVFAIL)"

>> But when i enter another MX-records in the host command (not many, 2
>> or 3), bind answers good.

>> I can't see anything in logs. Despite using all of categories for
>> logging.

>> When i use another DNS-server in the host command - everething is all
>> right.

>> However, i can ping primary dns for domain.dom - by ip and by address.

>> But when i use "server dns.domain.dom" command in the nslookup command
>> so i see:

>> "*** Can't find address for server dns.domain.dom: Non-authoritative
>> answer"

>> But when i use ip address of dns.domain.dom in the server command -
>> nslookup works OK. And i can get MX record for domain.dom.

>> But when i restart bind - all is fine and
>> "host -t mx domain.dom mydns.mydomain.mydom" command works ok.

>> I'm using FreeBSD 5.2.1

pirin> Start by telling us the real domain and ip as all our clairvoyant receivers
pirin> has been confiscated by Mr. Bush(and he will need them). The only
pirin> alternative is to get us a login in your nameserver.

host -t mx brest.bks.by brus.belpak.brest.by

Now it's working ok. I've restarted bind.
But i'm sure that after some period of time
this problem will appear again.
And i'm also sure that when i restart just only bind -
problem disappears.

May be when this problem will appear again i will let you know.
Or may be you can give me some advice, for examle - to turn on some
another logging level (now i have "severity info") or something else.
I think it's a promlem of the named core or problem of the OS (FreeBSD
5.2.1). But IMHO - it's a bind problem. I have plenty of memory and
disk space. All other daemons work without problems.

Best regards, and thank you for help.