On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Rob Butler wrote:

> Also, SDB interface code itself does not do any sort
> of caching, and most of the driver's are syncronous,

Oh dear, that's what I feared.

> Instead of using SDB you may want to look at DLZ.
> http://bind-dlz.sf.net

I don't need dynamic zones so DLZ has nothing to offer me -- it doesn't
fix SDB's lack of concurrency.

What I'm trying to avoid is creating another copy of data we already have
elsewhere, just for DNS performance. To create this other copy we'll have
to have a second implementation of the lookup algorithm because the
existing one is an MTA configuration file, so not usable in other
contexts.

Thanks for your informative reply.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER. GOOD BECOMING