Hello,

I'm writting a multithreaded application which needs to do DNS
queries. All I need is to query about A and MXs records and
eventually TXT records.

As it's a multithreaded application, I can't use res_query and
similar functions, but res_nquery...

The first problem is that most OSs doesn't have res_nNNN series
of functions in their libraries.

So I digged into bind 9 code and checked libbind.

I saw many other people writting many different solutions to do
dns queries inside multithreaded applications, but none of them
is integrated on a standard library.

What could be a good solution for me, without having to dig into
specific DNS communications programming ? Integrating libbind
code into my application, asking people to install libbind into
their system or is there any other better library I could base
my application ?

I've already wrote some functions to do what I want to parse
DNS packets, I get using res_NNN functions.

Jose-Marcio

Jose Marcio MARTINS DA CRUZ Tel. 33) 01.40.51.93.41
Ecole des Mines de Paris http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr
60, bd Saint Michel http://www.ensmp.fr/~martins
75272 - PARIS CEDEX 06 mailto:Jose-Marcio.Martins@ensmp.fr