bind-users-bounce@isc.org wrote on 10/22/2004 02:30:23 PM:
> Hi all
>

> I saw some strange message in the syslog, can someone help me to

interpret it
> or point me to some right resouce to decode it?
>
> Thanks a lot, juwa
>
> client x.y.z.w#61147: no more recursive clients: quota reached

Check the options in named.conf for:

recursive-clients
The maximum number of simultaneous recursive lookups the server will
perform on behalf of
clients. The default is 1000. Because each recursing client uses a fair
bit of memory, on the order of
20 kilobytes, the value of the recursive-clients option may have to be
decreased on hosts with
limited memory.

See the BIND ARM for more info on this and other resource limiting
options...

hth,

Dave...