In article , (GMG)

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to update my DNS records at Namesecure and whenever I try
> to add my name server I get Error 212 : name server available.
> When I try to register the name server for another domain on
> I get
> Error: You have not specified the name of a valid Domain Name Server.
> Please enter a valid Domain Name Server in the field(s) below and
> click "Submit" to continue.

I think you need to register the nameserver hostname and IP before you
can reference it in a domain registration. The precise details of how
you do this depends on the registrar.

> The two current and active name servers I run have the name address
> for the server and I can do lookups against it but the bollox won't
> let me add it to my registrar listing.
> I can add other name servers to the list and also delete them.
> Something is not right with the server.
> What are the registrar's checking for and where could the problem lie?
> Any ideas what this means and what can be done about it?

P.S. This is the BIND newsgroup/mailling list. If you have
non-BIND-related questions about DNS, you should use

Barry Margolin,
Arlington, MA