bind-users-bounce@isc.org wrote on 10/18/2004 01:29:33 PM:

[clip...]

> I need AXFR but when I do a `dig home.loc AXFR` i get:

It is a good idea to always execute an axfr with dig as follows:

dig foo.com axfr @

One reason the transfer would fail is if the name server has not loaded
the zone. What do the logs say when you reload your name server? Are
there any erros regarding this zone?

Also, because you are using views, the IP address of the dig(ing) system
is used to determine which view will be searched when looking for the
zone. Therefore, if your dig system is in the external view and the
external view does not have the zone you are looking for, your transfer
will also fail.

hth,

Dave...

[clip...]