On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 06:14:22PM -0600, Carlos Garcia wrote:
> hi i have just installed bind 9 latest version from isc.org and i follow the
> instrucions in the file wrote by Steve Friedl
> http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/bind9-chroot.html as the article says it is
> a cache name server but when i try to use it with my computer it cant
> resolve anything what is the big idea if we chroot and use rndc ? what am i
> doing wrong i just follow the instructions where can i find more information
> it seems to me that i can uset only with linux flavor???? any idea im super
> newbie thanks

It would be helpful if you mentioned which operating system you're running,
your configuration, and messages (if any) found in logfiles.

Steve [author of the Tech Tip in question]

--
Stephen J Friedl | Security Consultant | UNIX Wizard | +1 714 544-6561
www.unixwiz.net | Tustin, Calif. USA | Microsoft MVP | steve@unixwiz.net