I would search the archives. I've looked into free solutions such as Ultra
Monkey. This may help you out.

Allie

| | "Pete Tenereillo"|
| | | | com> |
| | Sent by: |
| | bind-users-bounce|
| | @isc.org |
| | |
| | |
| | 10/14/2004 07:59 |
| | AM |

| |
| To: "Greg Maccarone" , "Anthony Wilkins" |
| cc: , (bcc: Allie M Hopkins/allie/LSU) |
| Subject: Re: DNS Failover |

Anthony mentioned he has a Web app, so that TTL trick won't work reliably.
The low TTL would be seen by servers "throughout the rest of the world" but

TTL are ignored by most clients (and many proxy servers), so all existing
users (and users that share such proxies) will be stuck on the downed
server. Check out:

http://www.tenereillo.com/GSLBPageOfShame.htm

for details. IMO for failover you are better off putting both servers at
the
same site, using local load balancing (there are some very cost effective
solutions available now) and redundant power and Internet connections.

Pete.