saravanan ganapathy wrote:

> I am using bind 9.2.1 in my debian system and it
>works well both in master & slave servers.
>When the zone transfer completes, I was noticed that "
>zone sending notifies (serial 11) " &
>zone sending notifies
>(serial 11) " in the slave server.
> Generally the primary server will send a
>notification and the slave servers will accept. But
>why slave servers send a notification? To whom it will

Others have already posted answers, but I will post one more. It is
perfectly legal for a slave server to transfer a zone from another
slave, if the zones are configured to do that. Therefore, a slave
server sends NOTIFY packets to the servers in the "Notify Set".
Barry S. Finkel
Computing and Instrumentation Solutions Division
Argonne National Laboratory Phone: +1 (630) 252-7277
9700 South Cass Avenue Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-4601
Building 222, Room D209 Internet:
Argonne, IL 60439-4828 IBMMAIL: I1004994