Norman Zhang wrote:

>I setup BIND to allow dynamic update for Windows 2003 DC AD. A static
>entry for Windows 2003 box is already in the database. When Windows 2003
>updates its AD entries to BIND, it also enters a duplicate entry for
>itself in the database with a different TTL. Is this okay?

Are you talking about the "A" record or the PTR record? I can not see
how a DNS zone can have two "identical" records except for the TTL,
although I have not tried any experiments with BIND 9.
Barry S. Finkel
Computing and Instrumentation Solutions Division
Argonne National Laboratory Phone: +1 (630) 252-7277
9700 South Cass Avenue Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-4601
Building 222, Room D209 Internet: BSFinkel@anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4828 IBMMAIL: I1004994