How to checkprobe measurement (horns field measurement) - DICOM

This is a discussion on How to checkprobe measurement (horns field measurement) - DICOM ; Dear Group, I want to check the correctness of the probe measurement (horns field measurement) for an image viewer. I would like to assure myself that the value which displaying on the image is correct or not.There is any method ...

  1. How to checkprobe measurement (horns field measurement)

    Dear Group,
    I want to check the correctness of the probe measurement (horns
    field measurement) for an image viewer. I would like to assure myself
    that the value which displaying on the image is correct or not.There
    is any method to check it .Normally I can check it by comparing with
    other image viewers but still not sure whether value is correct or
    not.expecting your valuable feed back

    Regards,

    jayakrishnan

  2. Re: How to checkprobe measurement (horns field measurement)

    Hounsfield Units are defined around two references: the radiodensity
    of air (-1000) and the radiodensity of water (0), both at standard
    temperature and density. The Hounsfield units to be expected for
    different substances/tissue types typically included in a CT image are
    also fairly well known e.g. Fat ~ (-5 to -100) , Muscle ~ (10-40),
    Bone ~ (+1000), etc.

    Most medical facilities operating a CT scanner are also going to have
    a "phantom" which they image in order to verify the calibration of the
    scanner. The phantom is often a lexan cylinder with a variety of
    compartments containing water, oils, and other substances all with
    known HU values.

    While I don't have any CT phantom images with known HU measurements in
    my personal collection (I'd send you one if I did), others who monitor
    this forum may be willing to offer you some. With an image of a
    phantom and a guide to the expected HU measurements of the features in
    the images, you should be able to verify your software is properly
    calculating and displaying the HU units

+ Reply to Thread