Hi,

I am a novice to DICOM stuff and need some clarificatoins
regarding DICOM header for JPEG related data(tranfer syntax are
1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.90 and 1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.91)

1) What is the significance of offset table of piexel data?
2) Is a frame and a fragment the same?
3) If the number of frames and the number of pixel data elements
are same (with no offset table), does that mean that each frame is
equal to fragment?
4) Can there be a case where the number of frames is more than the
number of pixel data elements?
5) Can there be a case where the number of frames is less than the
number of pixel data elements?

I know this is a long list but would appreciate if any one can
help me with this info or give me pointers to find info regarding
this.

I have code that works properly for 1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.91 where
the number of frames is always 1 and the pixel data elements are >=
1. But fails in case of multi frame 1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.90 transfer
syntax. As the DICOM file I have has frames = 69 and the pixel data
elements are also 69. This happens because the code loops for each
frame and tries to read until the end of sequence tag "0xE0DDFFFE". So
for the first frame itself it reads all the pixel data and hence
fails. I have to fix this code so that it works for all conditions.

Hence if any one can give me pointers or info regarding the above
questions I can fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Uday