Maximum and minimum Window width and level values for a DICOM Image - DICOM

This is a discussion on Maximum and minimum Window width and level values for a DICOM Image - DICOM ; Hi, Can anyone tell me what will be the maximum and minimum window width and level values for any dicom image. Will that value depends on the Image Modality or Image width and height ? I need to limit these ...

  1. Maximum and minimum Window width and level values for a DICOM Image

    Hi,

    Can anyone tell me what will be the maximum and minimum window width
    and level values for any dicom image.
    Will that value depends on the Image Modality or Image width and
    height ?
    I need to limit these values in the viewer so that the user cannot
    give beyond that values.
    Is there any way to calculate those values?

    --
    Regards,
    Sirisha.G

  2. Re: Maximum and minimum Window width and level values for a DICOMImage

    On Nov 10, 10:38*pm, Sirisha wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what will be the maximum and minimum window width
    > and level values for any dicom image.
    > Will that value depends on the Image Modality or Image width and
    > height ?
    > I need to limit these values in the viewer so that the user cannot
    > give beyond that values.
    > Is there any way to calculate those values?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Sirisha.G

    Hi Sirisha,

    I'm not a dicom expert by far, but I've noticed that it seems to
    depend on how many bit the image is. The higher the bit, the larger
    the range of window width.

  3. Re: Maximum and minimum Window width and level values for a DICOM Image

    it depends upon Bit allocated of image.
    Also the formula is differ for Unsigned and Signed images.

    Unsigned images

    Window Width = 1 to 2^HighBit
    Window Center = 1 to 2^High bit

    For signed images

    Window Width = 1 to 2^high bit
    Window center = -(2^highbit)/2 to +(2^highbit)/2

+ Reply to Thread