Bonjour to all,

I have just placed on my web site 2 new tools for the DICOM community:

DICOManage.

Most DICOM images these days have names that do not mean much.
Either it's the UID of the image, or it is limited to 8 upper case
characters (the DICOMDIR limitations). If you send all the images to
the PACS, that's not a big problem, the PACS will sort them out.
However, if you work from a PC and need to manipulate these images, it
would be nice to have either a structure and names that mean
something...

That's where DICOManage comes in. It enable you to rename selected
images from a database of DICOM files.

DICOManage will present you with a list of all the DICOM files in the
specified directory tree. That list can be sorted by file names,
patient names, patient ID, study ID or study date. From that list, you
select the files you want and then, you can either copy or move them
somewhere else, or push them to the PACS. If you copy or move them,
you have different renaming options.

- You can rename them so that they will be in a DICOMDIR compatible
structure (the directory and file names only have 8 uppercase
characters). If you chose that option, you can then use our DICOM_Dir
tool to create a DICOMDIR file.

- You can create subdirectories for each patient with either the
patient's name, ID or study ID as directory name.

- You can create a subdirectory per series.

- You can have the files renamed with a ExxxSyyyIzzz.dcm file name
where xxx is the study ID, yyy is the series number and zzz is the
image number.

DICOM_Dir

DICOM_Dir is a Windows tool that allows you to create a DICOMDIR file
for DICOM part 10 files.

DICOM_Dir is a simple drag & drop program. Just drop a directory on
the program's interface and it will parse the tree structure rooted at
that directory, extract the information of all the DICOM part 10 files
it find and create a DICOMDIR file for these in the root directory.

for each file, DICOM_Dir will create these default DICOM tags:

(0010,0010) Patient Name in the [PATIENT] section.
(0020,000D) Study Instance UID in the [STUDY] section.
(0020,000E) Series Instance UID in the [SERIES] section.
(0008,0018) SOP Instance UID in the [IMAGE] section.

In addition, in the DICOM_Dir.ini file, you can specify more tags to
be created for each of the [PATIENT], [STUDY], [SERIES] and [IMAGE]
sections. If these tags are present in the original files, they will
be included in the DICOMDIR.

Both of these tools are free and can be found on my web site at
www.TomoVision.com

Give me some feedbacks...

Yves