Registration Objects - DICOM

This is a discussion on Registration Objects - DICOM ; I'm looking at creating some spatial registration objects. I think I understand everything in the standard, and can use DVTk to validate the objects created, but there are few examples and free viewers that support such objects. I'd like some ...

  1. Registration Objects

    I'm looking at creating some spatial registration objects. I think I
    understand everything in the standard, and can use DVTk to validate
    the objects created, but there are few examples and free viewers that
    support such objects. I'd like some independent verification of the
    objects or examples of others to make sure they are useful.

    Any suggestions?

    Many Thanks.

  2. Re: Registration Objects

    On Nov 7, 3:00 pm, cneller wrote:
    > I'm looking at creating some spatial registration objects. I think I
    > understand everything in the standard, and can use DVTk to validate
    > the objects created, but there are few examples and free viewers that
    > support such objects. I'd like some independent verification of the
    > objects or examples of others to make sure they are useful.

    Did you post those files somewhere ?

    Thanks

  3. Re: Registration Objects

    On Nov 7, 8:03*am, Mathieu Malaterre
    wrote:
    > Did you post those files somewhere ?

    I have not even fully created them, but I'm looking for examples or
    viewers so that I could compare/verify. Do you know of any?

    -C

  4. Re: Registration Objects

    A related question about REG objects:

    In the registration sequence, it requires either the referenced image
    sequence or the FoR UID (or both). Are there any rules defined in
    DICOM or IHE that I'm missing that explain what happens when an object
    has both FoR UIDs and referenced image sequences? Does the existence
    of one override the other? Does one matrix get applied first? Or does
    DICOM not specify?

    IHE does recommend creating copies of images to be registered and
    giving them a separate FoR UID from the original. This is a little
    cumbersome, but at least explicit.

    I'm curious if there is an expected behavior if, for instance, a REG
    object exists with a registration sequence item containing a FoR UID
    for image A; then another (different matrix) item containing the SOP
    instance for image A in the referenced image sequence. Which matrix
    should get applied or should both, but in what order?

    many thanks,
    -C

+ Reply to Thread