A question about storescp... - DICOM

This is a discussion on A question about storescp... - DICOM ; Is there a command line option for storescp that will cause it to dump the received images in a hierarchical fashion such as: Patient Name or ID - DOB (A directory) Study Description - Study Date - Time (A directory) ...

  1. A question about storescp...

    Is there a command line option for storescp that will cause it to dump
    the received images in a hierarchical fashion such as:

    Patient Name or ID - DOB (A directory)
    Study Description - Study Date - Time (A directory)
    Series Description - Series Date - Time (A directory)
    Image #.dcm (A dicom 3 part 10 file)
    Image #.dcm (A dicom 3 part 10 file)
    ?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: A question about storescp...

    > Is there a command line option for storescp that will cause it to dump
    > the received images in a hierarchical fashion such as:

    I guess the public DCMTK discussion forum at http://forum.dcmtk.org/ is the
    right place for your question. And in fact, you already posted your
    question
    there (twice).

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier

  3. Re: A question about storescp...

    Bonjour SpreadToThin,

    Instead of a command option, would you consider some post-processing?

    I was going to introduce a new application on Monday, but if you want
    you can jump the gun...

    It will not do exactly what you want, but I believe it will be close
    enough.

    The new application is free and it is called DICOManage. It can be
    found on my web site at:
    http://www.tomovision.com/products/dicomanage.htm

    It will enable you to rename your DICOM files and to create the
    study/series/image directory structure you wanted. The only thing is
    that I do not use the date/time for the directory names. Instead you
    have a choice of using the patient's name, ID or study ID for the exam
    directories, and you can only use the series number for the series
    sub-directories.

    Let me know if this help you...

    Yves

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:08:04 -0800 (PST), SpreadTooThin
    wrote:

    >Is there a command line option for storescp that will cause it to dump
    >the received images in a hierarchical fashion such as:
    >
    >Patient Name or ID - DOB (A directory)
    > Study Description - Study Date - Time (A directory)
    > Series Description - Series Date - Time (A directory)
    > Image #.dcm (A dicom 3 part 10 file)
    > Image #.dcm (A dicom 3 part 10 file)
    >?
    >
    >Thanks.