ultrasound dicom depth resolution - DICOM

This is a discussion on ultrasound dicom depth resolution - DICOM ; Hi, I have a 3D ultrasound dicom image. I am able to figure out the x and y resolutions from the header. Does anybody know how to calculate the z resolution, given the transducer frequency (obtained from the header). I ...

  1. ultrasound dicom depth resolution

    Hi,

    I have a 3D ultrasound dicom image. I am able to figure out the x and
    y resolutions from the header. Does anybody know how to calculate the
    z resolution, given the transducer frequency (obtained from the
    header). I am not able to find the z-resolution in the header.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: ultrasound dicom depth resolution

    I would like to see that header.
    Can you PM it to me ?

    The frequency has nothing to do with the XYZ components.
    It will limit your penetration depth of the ultrasound image and give a certain character but is not related to the depth in that perspective.

    Please help with the header information.

+ Reply to Thread