How to get DICOM files readable by advantage workstation - DICOM

This is a discussion on How to get DICOM files readable by advantage workstation - DICOM ; Hi everyone. I am working on a subtracted CT angiography project. I had the images (pre and post) done on a GE machine, converted the DICOM files into analyze format, coregistered them, converted the postcontrast images back to DICOM but ...

  1. How to get DICOM files readable by advantage workstation

    Hi everyone. I am working on a subtracted CT angiography project. I
    had the images (pre and post) done on a GE machine, converted the
    DICOM files into analyze format, coregistered them, converted the
    postcontrast images back to DICOM but the GE advantage workstation
    does not recognize them at all. I have to upload them onto workstation
    to make the subtraction. I think I need to change the whole metadata
    of the new DICOM files (all 233 files), the problem is I don't know
    how to do it. I tried to reach GE guys, but not succeeded. Any
    suggestions?

  2. Re: How to get DICOM files readable by advantage workstation

    Once you've converted to Analyze, you've lost much of the information
    that was in the header of the DICOM images. Going back to DICOM is
    tricky as you have to either re-fill the DICOM fields or use default
    values. If you can work at the file level, things are a little easier
    as the DICOM file doesn't have to be PACS-compatible. There are some
    converters that handle Analyze to DICOM on my website that may do a
    better job than the software you tried:

    http://www.idoimaging.com/cgi-sys/cg...mt=8&writfmt=2

    Editing the DICOM headers after the conversion is arduous and best
    avoided if possible. Another approach of course is just to view the
    Analyze files using a viewer:

    http://www.idoimaging.com/cgi-sys/cg...nc=4&readfmt=8

    Hope this gives you a start.

    Andy Crabb
    www.idoimaging.com

    On Oct 13, 1:59*pm, basarsarikay...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi everyone. I am working on a subtracted CT angiography project. I
    > had the images (pre and post) done on a GE machine, converted the
    > DICOM files into analyze format, coregistered them, converted the
    > postcontrast images back to DICOM but the GE advantage workstation
    > does not recognize them at all. I have to upload them onto workstation
    > to make the subtraction. I think I need to change the whole metadata
    > of the new DICOM files (all 233 files), the problem is I don't know
    > how to do it. I tried to reach GE guys, but not succeeded. Any
    > suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread