Question about Action type id in N-Action-Rsp - DICOM

This is a discussion on Question about Action type id in N-Action-Rsp - DICOM ; Hi everybody, I have a question about Action type ID in the N-Action-Rsp of Print service. In the N-Action-RQ of Print service, the Action type ID should be 1 according to the Part 4. Should the Action type ID be ...

  1. Question about Action type id in N-Action-Rsp

    Hi everybody,

    I have a question about Action type ID in the N-Action-Rsp of Print
    service.
    In the N-Action-RQ of Print service, the Action type ID should be 1
    according to the Part 4.
    Should the Action type ID be 1 in the N-Action-Rsp of Print service?
    If it is set to be 0, should I check the value and abort the print
    service?

    Thank you very much!

    Wei.Guo
    2k081006

  2. Re: Question about Action type id in N-Action-Rsp

    Hi Wei,
    as an SCU (user of the print service) I would not give much
    interpretation on the returned Action type ID. In other words simply
    ignore it.
    Dicom says you get an Action type ID of 1 returned, if you also get a
    Print Job ID, otherwise it may be absent.
    You should check the status code instead which shall be success,
    otherwise you can display an error or warning to the user.

    As an SCP do not check it for a value of 1, simply ignore it. Dicom
    says it has to be 1 however in real live you will find some Print SCUs
    sending a 0, then your application will not work and you get the
    complaints.

    Thomas

  3. Re: Question about Action type id in N-Action-Rsp

    On 10月9日, 下午5时13分, Thomas Freier wrote:
    > Hi Wei,
    > as an SCU (user of the print service) I would not give much
    > interpretation on the returned Action type ID. In other words simply
    > ignore it.
    > Dicom says you get an Action type ID of 1 returned, if you also get a
    > Print Job ID, otherwise it may be absent.
    > You should check the status code instead which shall be success,
    > otherwise you can display an error or warning to the user.
    >
    > As an SCP do not check it for a value of 1, simply ignore it. Dicom
    > says it has to be 1 however in real live you will find some Print SCUs
    > sending a 0, then your application will not work and you get the
    > complaints.
    >
    > Thomas

    Hi Thomas

    Thank you very much.
    I understand your meaning.
    As a SCU, I need not to give much interpretation to some elements.
    The similar situation is that the SOP Instance UID element is in the N-
    Delete-Rsp with a 0 length value, although it should be Type 1
    according to the Part 7 of the standard.
    The status of N-Delete-Rsp is success, so I should not to consider the
    process is wrong.
    This manner is simpler and more compatible.

    Wei.Guo
    2k081009

+ Reply to Thread