Corrupt J2K DICOM file - DICOM

This is a discussion on Corrupt J2K DICOM file - DICOM ; Hi there, Just FYI, I received an example of a corrupt DICOM/J2K file: http://www.lost.in.ua/dicom/c.dcm Looking at the J2K stream, I can find the start of the marker 8 bytes passed the very first one. but there seems to be other ...

  1. Corrupt J2K DICOM file

    Hi there,

    Just FYI, I received an example of a corrupt DICOM/J2K file:

    http://www.lost.in.ua/dicom/c.dcm

    Looking at the J2K stream, I can find the start of the marker 8
    bytes passed the very first one. but there seems to be other thing
    going wrong with this file. Neither jasper nor openjpeg can open it
    properly.

    2cts
    -Mathieu

  2. Re: Corrupt J2K DICOM file

    On Sep 30, 6:27 pm, Mathieu Malaterre
    wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Just FYI, I received an example of a corrupt DICOM/J2K file:
    >
    > http://www.lost.in.ua/dicom/c.dcm
    >
    > Looking at the J2K stream, I can find the start of the marker 8
    > bytes passed the very first one. but there seems to be other thing
    > going wrong with this file. Neither jasper nor openjpeg can open it
    > properly.
    >
    > 2cts
    > -Mathieu

    If one extract the J2K stream and remove the first 8 bytes, one would
    get:

    http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/thingies/jp2c.j2k

    which is almost valid (AFAIK).

    -Mathieu

  3. Re: Corrupt J2K DICOM file

    On Sep 30, 6:30 pm, Mathieu Malaterre
    wrote:
    > On Sep 30, 6:27 pm, Mathieu Malaterre
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Hi there,

    > > Just FYI, I received an example of a corrupt DICOM/J2K file:

    > >http://www.lost.in.ua/dicom/c.dcm

    > > Looking at the J2K stream, I can find the start of the marker 8
    > > bytes passed the very first one. but there seems to be other thing
    > > going wrong with this file. Neither jasper nor openjpeg can open it
    > > properly.

    > > 2cts
    > > -Mathieu

    > If one extract the J2K stream and remove the first 8 bytes, one would
    > get:
    >
    > http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/thingies/jp2c.j2k
    >
    > which is almost valid (AFAIK).
    >
    > -Mathieu