Series Not Recognized In Some Software - DICOM

This is a discussion on Series Not Recognized In Some Software - DICOM ; Hello, I am having trouble with some software (particularly eFilm and ClearCanvas) recognizing that a set of files belongs to the same series and should load them together - they are viewed as a group of individual files. I am ...

  1. Series Not Recognized In Some Software

    Hello,

    I am having trouble with some software (particularly eFilm and
    ClearCanvas) recognizing that a set of files belongs to the same
    series and should load them together - they are viewed as a group of
    individual files. I am puzzled as nothing immediately jumps out to me
    as incorrect, and that some software does recognize them OK. I would
    appreciate it of some of the members here could have a look and see if
    they notice anything. The anonymized files are available here:

    http://www.liverad.com/dw_anon.zip

    Thank you,

    Lint

  2. Re: Series Not Recognized In Some Software

    Well, all images seem to have the same SOPInstanceUID.

    Any decent software should reject an object with a SOPInstanceUID of
    an already stored image.

    Regards,
    Andreas

    Ps.: this is most likely a problem of some third party program
    modifying the DICOM data that your Thosiba scanner produces.
    DICOMWorks?

    Regards,
    Andreas

    On 27 Sep., 21:49, lintrad...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am having trouble with some software (particularly eFilm and
    > ClearCanvas) recognizing that a set of files belongs to the same
    > series and should load them together - they are viewed as a group of
    > individual files. I am puzzled as nothing immediately jumps out to me
    > as incorrect, and that some software does recognize them OK. I would
    > appreciate it of some of the members here could have a look and see if
    > they notice anything. The anonymized files are available here:
    >
    > * *http://www.liverad.com/dw_anon.zip
    >
    > Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Lint

  3. Re: Series Not Recognized In Some Software

    On Sep 27, 9:49*pm, lintrad...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am having trouble with some software (particularly eFilm and
    > ClearCanvas) recognizing that a set of files belongs to the same
    > series and should load them together - they are viewed as a group of
    > individual files. I am puzzled as nothing immediately jumps out to me
    > as incorrect,

    You are kidding right ? Those are among the worst DICOM file aver, the
    bug are extremely painful to deal with:

    Let's start with the easy part, incorrect VR:

    (0008,0030) CS (TM) [100000.000] # 10,1 Study
    Time
    (0008,0032) CS (TM) [100000.000] # 10,1
    Acquisition Time
    (0008,0070) CS (LO) [TOSHIBA ] # 8,1
    Manufacturer
    (0008,0090) CS (PN) [???] # 4,1
    Referring Physician's Name
    (0008,1030) CS (LO) [Anonymized with DicomWorks] # 26,1 Study
    Description
    (0008,1090) CS (LO) [Xvision ] # 8,1
    Manufacturer's Model Name
    (0018,1130) CS (DS) [+90.00] # 6,1 Table
    Height
    (0020,0037) CS (DS) [-1\0\0\0\-1\0] # 14,6 Image
    Orientation (Patient)

    And best of all, the Pixel Spacing not specified properly:

    (0028,0030) DS [0.468 0.468 ] # 12,2 (1)
    Pixel Spacing

    I can bet you almost anything that only the first value is read, while
    the second can never *ever* be accessed.

    > and that some software does recognize them OK.

    Please gives us this list of buggy software. They are absolutely not
    compliant. The only thing I can think of is that they default to
    isotropic image, and use the first value of Pixel Spacing to find the
    second one.

    -Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread