Status of encapsulated JP2 files - DICOM

This is a discussion on Status of encapsulated JP2 files - DICOM ; Hi there, Since more and more private implementor have decided so shipped jp2 file instead of simply the J2k compressed stream, I was wondering if the standard should be updated to cope with that. For example for baseline JPEG, some ...

  1. Status of encapsulated JP2 files

    Hi there,

    Since more and more private implementor have decided so shipped jp2
    file instead of simply the J2k compressed stream, I was wondering if
    the standard should be updated to cope with that.
    For example for baseline JPEG, some implementation reads in JIFF
    marker to decide what color space to use. Can we do the same for JP2,
    and start authorizing them ?

    Thanks for comments,
    -Mathieu

  2. Re: Status of encapsulated JP2 files

    No.

    The JP2 header is explicitly forbidden.

    David

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Since more and more private implementor have decided so shipped jp2
    > file instead of simply the J2k compressed stream, I was wondering if
    > the standard should be updated to cope with that.
    > For example for baseline JPEG, some implementation reads in JIFF
    > marker to decide what color space to use. Can we do the same for JP2,
    > and start authorizing them ?
    >
    > Thanks for comments,
    > -Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread