what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. - DICOM

This is a discussion on what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. - DICOM ; hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between ...

  1. what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.

    hello,
    i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C-
    echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...)

    just simples questions.

    what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and
    a dicom server. ?
    my client is a dicom node ?
    to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store
    scu) ?

    thanks

  2. Re: what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.

    I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or
    "dicom node" in the standard text.

    DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management
    Profiles, defines DICOM "Devices" which contains "Network Connections"
    and provides "Network Application Entities", which itself are
    available/uses a sub-set of the "Network Connections" contained by the
    "Device" and has "Transfer Capabilities".

    According that, your client represent a DICOM Device with only one
    active (= not listening) Network Connection, used by the only one
    provided Application Entity which has Transfer Capabilities only as
    SCU for Verification and Common Query/Retrieve SOP Classes.
    --
    gunter zeilinger
    Agfa Healthcare

    On Sep 23, 7:16*pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote:
    > hello,
    > i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C-
    > echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...)
    >
    > just *simples questions.
    >
    > what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and
    > a dicom server. ?
    > my client is a dicom node ?
    > to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store
    > scu) ?
    >
    > thanks

+ Reply to Thread