SIEMENS MOSAIC as MR Image Storage (was: SIEMENS MOSAIC as EnhancedMR Image Storage) - DICOM

This is a discussion on SIEMENS MOSAIC as MR Image Storage (was: SIEMENS MOSAIC as EnhancedMR Image Storage) - DICOM ; Hi there, Following up on my previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/comp....2599ba49d91d77 I made available a new tool in GDCM: gdcmtar, to tar/untar multiframes image, including SIEMENS MOSAIC files: Using the same SIEMENS input file: http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~jpr...3D-as-Tile.dcm One can now do: gdcmtar --mosaic -i ...

  1. SIEMENS MOSAIC as MR Image Storage (was: SIEMENS MOSAIC as EnhancedMR Image Storage)

    Hi there,

    Following up on my previous post:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....2599ba49d91d77

    I made available a new tool in GDCM: gdcmtar, to tar/untar
    multiframes image, including SIEMENS MOSAIC files:

    Using the same SIEMENS input file:

    http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~jpr...3D-as-Tile.dcm

    One can now do:

    gdcmtar --mosaic -i MR-sonata-3D-as-Tile.dcm -o mosaic --pattern
    %03d.dcm

    Output DICOM files can be found at:

    http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/thingies/MOSAIC/

    2cts
    -Mathieu
    ref:
    http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...CM_Release_2.0

  2. Re: SIEMENS MOSAIC as MR Image Storage (was: SIEMENS MOSAIC as EnhancedMR Image Stora

    Dear Mathieu,

    I am having a problem somehow related to the program you describe, perhaps you can help me with that too. I am creating diffusion maps (adc, fa) from Siemens mosaic dicoms. To write the dicoms, I am using matlabs dicomwrite function with the headers from the original series (updated tags included).
    Our Siemens Trio MRT console has a function to change a mosaic into a series of images, basically what your program does, as far as I understand. When I send a mosaic using the original header, but with the same 'SeriesInstanceUID', the Siemens console can breakdown the mosaic into a series, no problems. As soon as I change the SeriesInstanceUID to a new one (which I obviously have to), it does not work anymore. Unfortunatly the Trio is kind of a black box, so I cant say what the program there is missing for the conversion. Do you have an idea, if there is somewhere else in the dicom header a reference to the original SeriesInstanceUID? I checked the private tags too, but found nothing so far. Perhaps you know where else I have to update the SeriesInstanceUID?

    If its not possible, I'll just use your program to do the conversion and send both the mosaic and the series to the console.

    Thanks for your help

    Frank

+ Reply to Thread