Quality Assessment for Good Images - DICOM

This is a discussion on Quality Assessment for Good Images - DICOM ; Hello, I plan to prototype a Quality Assessment Application. I plan to support states like "none," "rejected," "best," and the like, all of which I can encode into a combination of CID 7010 and CID 7011/7012. Except for a state ...

  1. Quality Assessment for Good Images

    Hello,

    I plan to prototype a Quality Assessment Application. I plan to
    support states like "none," "rejected," "best," and the like, all of
    which I can encode into a combination of CID 7010 and CID 7011/7012.
    Except for a state "good." First, I tough I define "good" thru the
    absence of a QA-KOS, but then I reckon I run run into trouble when
    someone wants to overrule a stored "bad" with a new "good". Obvoisly I
    can't delete an already published KOS.

    But how can I encode "good" if CID 7010 offers so such description. Am
    I allowed to extend CID 7010 or CID 7011 with the already existing
    "111222 Succeeded?" Arguably "Quality issue... but it's a good one!"
    reads a bit strange, but I don't see the alternative...

    TIA, Carsten

  2. Re: Quality Assessment for Good Images

    Hi Carsten

    From CID 6044 Types of Image Quality assessment used in CAD Image
    Quality templates there is:

    DCM 111237 Usable - Meets the quality control standard

    which you could use to extend CID 7010 as a Key Object Selection
    Document Title.

    David

    Carsten Witte wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I plan to prototype a Quality Assessment Application. I plan to
    > support states like "none," "rejected," "best," and the like, all of
    > which I can encode into a combination of CID 7010 and CID 7011/7012.
    > Except for a state "good." First, I tough I define "good" thru the
    > absence of a QA-KOS, but then I reckon I run run into trouble when
    > someone wants to overrule a stored "bad" with a new "good". Obviously I
    > can't delete an already published KOS.
    >
    > But how can I encode "good" if CID 7010 offers no such description. Am
    > I allowed to extend CID 7010 or CID 7011 with the already existing
    > "111222 Succeeded?" Arguably "Quality issue... but it's a good one!"
    > reads a bit strange, but I don't see the alternative...
    >

    > TIA, Carsten

  3. Re: Quality Assessment for Good Images

    On Sep 6, 12:27*pm, David Clunie wrote:

    > DCM * * 111237 *Usable - Meets the quality control standard

    Ah, yes. That makes much more sense. Thank you.

    /Carsten

+ Reply to Thread