Frame of reference UID?? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Frame of reference UID?? - DICOM ; If we have two image datasets belonging to different frame of reference UID's, what can one deduce form these in reference to registration. Thanks. LJ....

  1. Frame of reference UID??

    If we have two image datasets belonging to different frame of
    reference UID's, what can one deduce form these in reference to
    registration.

    Thanks.
    LJ.

  2. Re: Frame of reference UID??

    Nothing.

    ljdongre@gmail.com wrote:
    > If we have two image datasets belonging to different frame of
    > reference UID's, what can one deduce form these in reference to
    > registration.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > LJ.

  3. Re: Frame of reference UID??

    On Sep 4, 7:59*am, David Clunie wrote:
    > Nothing.
    >

    > ljdon...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > If we have two image datasets belonging to different frame of
    > > reference UID's, what can one deduce form these in reference to
    > > registration.

    > > Thanks.
    > > LJ.- Hide quoted text -

    Or, more precisely, that registration (either based on landmarks or
    external information) will be needed before you know anything about
    their spatial relationship. It is only when the two UIDs are the same
    that you know that both use the same coordinate system.

  4. Re: Frame of reference UID??

    On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 05:02:17 -0700 (PDT), Robert Horn
    wrote:

    >On Sep 4, 7:59*am, David Clunie wrote:
    >> Nothing.
    >>

    >> ljdon...@gmail.com wrote:
    >> > If we have two image datasets belonging to different frame of
    >> > reference UID's, what can one deduce form these in reference to
    >> > registration.

    >> > Thanks.
    >> > LJ.- Hide quoted text -

    >Or, more precisely, that registration (either based on landmarks or
    >external information) will be needed before you know anything about
    >their spatial relationship. It is only when the two UIDs are the same
    >that you know that both use the same coordinate system.

    So we we get a transform Matrix provided by registration and when we
    apply this transform to the Target image to align itself with Source
    Image, do we copy the FOR UID from source to target.

    LJ.

+ Reply to Thread