Software to save multi-frame DICOM file - DICOM

This is a discussion on Software to save multi-frame DICOM file - DICOM ; Hi all, I am currently working on a Matlab program that opens a SPECT study and analyzes it after making some processing. For testing, I would like to create a "synthetic" SPECT that the program can read exactly as if ...

  1. Software to save multi-frame DICOM file

    Hi all,

    I am currently working on a Matlab program that opens a SPECT study
    and analyzes it after making some processing.

    For testing, I would like to create a "synthetic" SPECT that the
    program can read exactly as if it was a real SPECT. Problem is that I
    can't find software able to store a multi-frame image as a multi-frame
    image, all I have tried (basically ImajeJ with Tudor's Dicom Tools and
    Matlab's Dicomwrite function, but I have found no claims of other
    sofware saying they can do otherwise) produce one file per frame.

    Anybody?

  2. Re: Software to save multi-frame DICOM file

    On Sep 3, 1:18*pm, "House (Jorge)" wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am currently working on a Matlab program that opens a SPECT study
    > and analyzes it after making some processing.
    >
    > For testing, I would like to create a "synthetic" SPECT that the
    > program can read exactly as if it was a real SPECT. *Problem is that I
    > can't find software able to store a multi-frame image as a multi-frame
    > image, all I have tried (basically ImajeJ with Tudor's Dicom Tools and
    > Matlab's Dicomwrite function, but I have found no claims of other
    > sofware saying they can do otherwise) produce one file per frame.
    >
    > Anybody?

    Hello,

    The DICOM standard allows multi-frame images in data sets (for example
    with Cine playback).

    If you want a toolkit to do this, then you can use the LEADTOOLS
    Medical Imaging 15 toolkit to save a multi-frame image to a multi-
    frame DICOM data set. You can also convert from and to multi-frame
    image formats like TIFF and GIF.

    See http://leadtools.com/SDK/Medical/Medical-Products-n.htm for
    details and to download the free evaluation edition of the toolkit.

  3. Re: Software to save multi-frame DICOM file

    On Sep 3, 6:18*am, "House (Jorge)" wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am currently working on a Matlab program that opens a SPECT study
    > and analyzes it after making some processing.
    >
    > For testing, I would like to create a "synthetic" SPECT that the
    > program can read exactly as if it was a real SPECT. *Problem is that I
    > can't find software able to store a multi-frame image as a multi-frame
    > image, all I have tried (basically ImajeJ with Tudor's Dicom Tools and
    > Matlab's Dicomwrite function, but I have found no claims of other
    > sofware saying they can do otherwise) produce one file per frame.
    >
    > Anybody?

    Hi,

    If you are looking for a DICOM toolkit that provides Storage SCP's and
    image manipulation tools look at http://www.laurelbridge.com/dcf.php.

  4. Re: Software to save multi-frame DICOM file

    Try MyDICOM.NET sdk for ease of use.

    http://mydicom.net

+ Reply to Thread