Modality Worklist Patient's name matching - DICOM

This is a discussion on Modality Worklist Patient's name matching - DICOM ; Hi all, this is about Modality Worklist Query doing a search for specific Patient. I am looking for a recommendation how to build 0010,0010 Patient's name in a MWL C-Find Request. Talking about Last, First and middle name only it ...

  1. Modality Worklist Patient's name matching

    Hi all,
    this is about Modality Worklist Query doing a search for specific
    Patient.
    I am looking for a recommendation how to build 0010,0010 Patient's
    name in a MWL C-Find Request.

    Talking about Last, First and middle name only it looks like this:
    "LAST^FIRST^MIDDLE"
    Now if middle name or any other component is empty I have more
    choices:
    "LAST^FIRST" or "LAST^FIRST^*" or "LAST^FIRST^*^*^*"
    I believe it is all DICOM conformant but what method would give me the
    best compatibility with the RIS matching?

    IHE says "Applications are recommended to append a wildcard "*", if
    one was not previously entered by the user, at the end of each
    component of the structured Patient Name."
    That would be "LAST*^FIRST*^MIDDLE*". Then I would get more responses
    than expected when I am searching for a specific patient only.

    What is the best way, shall I add the asterix at the end or in empty
    components or just write the plain name????

    Regards

    Tom

  2. Re: Modality Worklist Patient's name matching

    On Sep 2, 2:54*pm, Thomas Freier wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > this is about Modality Worklist Query doing a search for specific
    > Patient.
    > I am looking for a recommendation how to build 0010,0010 Patient's
    > name in a MWL C-Find Request.
    >
    > Talking about Last, First and middle name only it looks like this:
    > "LAST^FIRST^MIDDLE"
    > Now if middle name or any other component is empty I have more
    > choices:
    > "LAST^FIRST" or "LAST^FIRST^*" or "LAST^FIRST^*^*^*"
    > I believe it is all DICOM conformant but what method would give me the
    > best compatibility with the RIS matching?
    >
    > IHE says "Applications are recommended to append a wildcard "*", if
    > one was not previously entered by the user, at the end of each
    > component of the structured Patient Name."
    > That would be "LAST*^FIRST*^MIDDLE*". Then I would get more responses
    > than expected when I am searching for a specific patient only.
    >
    > What is the best way, shall I add the asterix at the end or in empty
    > components or just write the plain name????
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Tom

    You are free to add the Asterix; The patient filter you send in
    Request is generic (Specific Patient as I infer by your Query Object
    may be anything among the 5 Components of PN Data Type in DICOM) and
    while querying i am free to look at any/ all of the 5 Components
    specified by the standard (unless you specifically query for First
    Name etc...)

+ Reply to Thread