Modality Worklist - DICOM

This is a discussion on Modality Worklist - DICOM ; Hi everybody, have been fiddling trying to understand Modality Worklist concepts for the past 2 months. Finally i am stuck with understanding the difference between : 1. SCHEDULED PROCEDURE STEP ID 2. REQUESTED PROCEDURE ID I have been googling ...

  1. Modality Worklist

    Hi everybody,

    have been fiddling trying to understand Modality Worklist concepts
    for the past 2 months.
    Finally i am stuck with understanding the difference between :
    1. SCHEDULED PROCEDURE STEP ID
    2. REQUESTED PROCEDURE ID

    I have been googling to pickup various comments on the topics but was
    not successful.
    I would appreciate if anybody would share the info.
    The main points I am confused is what is the difference between the
    two and where they are applied in DICOM.

    Thanks in advance...

    MR.

  2. Re: Modality Worklist

    Look at the IHE documentaion, esp the scheduled workflow profile.

    In a nutshell, an Image Service Request (e.g. CT/PET procedure) could
    have mutiple Requested Procedures (e.g. CT and PET), which each can
    have multiple SPS'
    es, for example a CT with and w/o cntrast are two different steps to
    be identified at the worklist, and recorded in the MPPS, and therefore
    should have different ID's.

    Herman O.

    Requested Procedure On Aug 28, 6:44*am, dicom mania mailgro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > have been fiddling trying to understand Modality Worklist concepts
    > for the past 2 months.
    > Finally i am stuck with understanding the difference between :
    > 1. * * *SCHEDULED PROCEDURE STEP ID
    > 2. * * *REQUESTED PROCEDURE ID
    >
    > I have been googling to pickup various comments on the topics but was
    > not successful.
    > I would appreciate if anybody would share the info.
    > The main points I am confused is what is the difference between the
    > two and where they are applied in DICOM.
    >
    > Thanks in advance...
    >
    > MR.

+ Reply to Thread