displaying dicom image - DICOM

This is a discussion on displaying dicom image - DICOM ; hi , I am tring to display DICOM image using .net. I am using following code. Bitmap bmp = new Bitmap(512, 512, System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format16bppGray Scale); It is giving error........ Which PixeFormat I have to use if bits allocated=8 and bits Stored=8. ...

  1. displaying dicom image

    hi ,

    I am tring to display DICOM image using .net.
    I am using following code.

    Bitmap bmp = new Bitmap(512, 512,
    System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format16bppGray Scale);

    It is giving error........

    Which PixeFormat I have to use if bits allocated=8 and bits Stored=8.

    or if bits allocated=16 and bits Stored=12.

    Thanks,

    Rupali.

  2. Re: displaying dicom image

    Rupali wrote:
    > hi ,
    >
    > I am tring to display DICOM image using .net.
    > I am using following code.
    >
    > Bitmap bmp = new Bitmap(512, 512,
    > System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format16bppGray Scale);
    >
    > It is giving error........
    >
    > Which PixeFormat I have to use if bits allocated=8 and bits Stored=8.
    >
    > or if bits allocated=16 and bits Stored=12.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rupali.

    Ha. The GDI+ provider of graphics in .Net land does not support 16bpp
    gray scale - not that it would matter. How many shades of gray can a
    human see anyway?

    You will need to work with the VOI LUT (window center and window width),
    allowing your user to adjust them in some fashion - the current fashion
    seems to be through grabbing the mouse and tracking mouse movement
    left/right and up/down. Take a look at KPACS and/or Clear Canvas
    "windowing" functions.

    Now, this isn't particularly difficult - the hard part comes in trying
    to do this in a performance kind of way. I'm currently studying the
    code in ClearCanvas - they seem to be more adept at performance with
    large 16bpp mammo images than what I can muster...

    Chuck

+ Reply to Thread