ImageAreaDoseProduct units - DICOM

This is a discussion on ImageAreaDoseProduct units - DICOM ; The tag (0018,115E) used for DAP values is being used more and more by several vendors. However we found that the values are displayed in different units (like dGycm2 or mGycm2 or cGycm2). Does anybody know if there is a ...

  1. ImageAreaDoseProduct units

    The tag (0018,115E) used for DAP values is being used more and more by
    several vendors. However we found that the values are displayed in
    different units (like dGycm2 or mGycm2 or cGycm2). Does anybody know
    if there is a general unit that should be used so that the displayed
    value is always the same?

  2. Re: ImageAreaDoseProduct units

    Hi

    The value encoded in the attribute is required by the DICOM standard to
    be in dGy.cm2, but there is no standard that I am aware of for what units
    should be used to display the value to the user.

    David

    Pacsmas wrote:
    > The tag (0018,115E) used for DAP values is being used more and more by
    > several vendors. However we found that the values are displayed in
    > different units (like dGycm2 or mGycm2 or cGycm2). Does anybody know
    > if there is a general unit that should be used so that the displayed
    > value is always the same?

+ Reply to Thread