SPIRAL CT vs conventional - DICOM

This is a discussion on SPIRAL CT vs conventional - DICOM ; Hi there, I am looking at Part 3 - 2008, C.8.15.3.2.1 Acquisition Type. I see that there is now a way to recognize SPIRAL CT vs SEQUENCED CT. I could not find anything equivalent for the old CT Image Storage. ...

  1. SPIRAL CT vs conventional

    Hi there,

    I am looking at Part 3 - 2008, C.8.15.3.2.1 Acquisition Type. I see
    that there is now a way to recognize SPIRAL CT vs SEQUENCED CT. I
    could not find anything equivalent for the old CT Image Storage. Did I
    miss something ? Or is this something I need to be looking in private
    tags ?

    Thanks !
    -Mathieu

  2. Re: SPIRAL CT vs conventional

    Hi Mathieu

    When we did the enhanced CT objects, we did not retrofit the "old"
    CT image object with the myriad new tags to describe the acquisition,
    since the whole point was to get vendors to change to using the new
    IOD.

    David

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am looking at Part 3 - 2008, C.8.15.3.2.1 Acquisition Type. I see
    > that there is now a way to recognize SPIRAL CT vs SEQUENCED CT. I
    > could not find anything equivalent for the old CT Image Storage. Did I
    > miss something ? Or is this something I need to be looking in private
    > tags ?
    >
    > Thanks !
    > -Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread