Hardware for DICOM - DICOM

This is a discussion on Hardware for DICOM - DICOM ; Hi, I'm new here & I would like to know where I can get the DICOM interfase, the PCI card. Thanks...

  1. Hardware for DICOM

    Hi, I'm new here & I would like to know where I can get the DICOM
    interfase, the PCI card.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Hardware for DICOM

    You don't need any special hardware interface, DICOM uses Ethernet
    networking.

    Regards,
    Rafael Sanguinetti
    CharruaSoft.com

  3. Re: Hardware for DICOM

    On Aug 5, 1:44*pm, "rafa_sanguine...@hotmail.com"
    wrote:
    > You don't need any special hardware interface, DICOM uses Ethernet
    > networking.

    Incorrect, no requirement for Ethernet, but rather TCP/IP.
    DICOM protocol sits on top of OSI layer 4, ethernet is layer 2.
    So, what ever your computer uses to connect to a network would be OK,
    as long as there is a layer 4 entry.

    herman O.

+ Reply to Thread