In C-Move request in which order the images are retrieved ? - DICOM

This is a discussion on In C-Move request in which order the images are retrieved ? - DICOM ; I have been looking in Dicom Standard, but I hadn't found anything about my doubt. My doubt is when I send to the PACS a C-MOVE request of a study, in which order are the images retrieved ? For example ...

  1. In C-Move request in which order the images are retrieved ?

    I have been looking in Dicom Standard, but I hadn't found anything
    about my doubt.
    My doubt is when I send to the PACS a C-MOVE request of a study, in
    which order are the images retrieved ?

    For example If i retrieve a study from de PACS, in which order the
    images will be sent to me ? The order in images are retrieved is the
    same that as they were stored in the PACS ? Or if I retrieve all the
    images of study firts I will receive the images of the first series,
    then the images of the second series, then the images of the third
    series, ...

    We would like to retrieve the images of study sort by series, to know
    when a series of the retrieving study is retrieved.

    Thanks

  2. Re: In C-Move request in which order the images are retrieved ?

    focus wrote:
    > I have been looking in Dicom Standard, but I hadn't found anything
    > about my doubt.
    > My doubt is when I send to the PACS a C-MOVE request of a study, in
    > which order are the images retrieved ?
    >
    > For example If i retrieve a study from de PACS, in which order the
    > images will be sent to me ? The order in images are retrieved is the
    > same that as they were stored in the PACS ? Or if I retrieve all the
    > images of study firts I will receive the images of the first series,
    > then the images of the second series, then the images of the third
    > series, ...
    >
    > We would like to retrieve the images of study sort by series, to know
    > when a series of the retrieving study is retrieved.
    >
    > Thanks

    I don't believe the DICOM standard addresses which composites are
    transferred first, second, etc. I believe its implementation specific
    and most likely tied to the order returned by the implementation's
    underlying database provider.

    Two methods come to mind - doubtless others have other methods:

    1) Keep track of the study-instance-uid and all the
    series-instance-uids from the C-FIND or some other mechanism.

    Then, issue a C-MOVE for each series-instance-uid, giving the Move-level
    of "SERIES" and the study-instance-uid and series-instance-uid. This
    will move the SERIES to the specified destination.

    I believe KPACS does this.

    2) Issue the C-MOVE at the "STUDY" level and specify the
    study-instance-uid. This will move all the instances at once, so you'll
    have to hash-out / sort the incoming composites in your Store SCP
    according to series-instance-uid.

    Chuck

  3. Re: In C-Move request in which order the images are retrieved ?

    I agree with Chuck that the order is in general implementation
    specific.

    Our system supports however the option to perform the C-MOVE sorted by
    Series Number (0020, 0011) and Instance Number (0020, 0013). Most of
    the time this will get the images reasonable sorted to the destination
    when doing a Patient or Study level C-MOVE.

    Victor

  4. Re: In C-Move request in which order the images are retrieved ?

    On 4 Ago, 21:12, vbade...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I agree with Chuck that the order is in general implementation
    > specific.
    >
    > Our system supports however the option to perform the C-MOVE sorted by
    > Series Number (0020, 0011) and Instance Number (0020, 0013). Most of
    > the time this will get the images reasonable sorted to the destination
    > when doing a Patient or Study level C-MOVE.
    >
    > Victor

    Thanks for your help,

    One question Victor which system are you using, to support C-MOVE
    sorted by Series Number and Instance Number ?

+ Reply to Thread