Implementing DICOM - Best approach ? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Implementing DICOM - Best approach ? - DICOM ; Hello, In your oppinion - what's the best approach for implementing a DICOM library? I'm doing a "small library" as a summer internship project and I'm using Object Oriented Programming and I have classes such as "AbstractSyntax ", "TransferSyntax", "DataElement", ...

  1. Implementing DICOM - Best approach ?

    Hello,
    In your oppinion - what's the best approach for implementing a DICOM
    library? I'm doing a "small library" as a summer internship project
    and I'm using Object Oriented Programming and I have classes such as
    "AbstractSyntax ", "TransferSyntax", "DataElement", "Association"
    etc.. but I have a feeling that this approach doesn't fit DICOM and I
    have this idea of using tools such as Yacc and Lex and I have the
    feeling that Lisp would also be a choice...

    Any ideas ?

    Best regards,
    Seb

  2. Re: Implementing DICOM - Best approach ?

    On Aug 15, 2:41 pm, sebastian.ha...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    > In your oppinion - what's the best approach for implementing a DICOM
    > library? I'm doing a "small library" as a summer internship project
    > and I'm using Object Oriented Programming and I have classes such as
    > "AbstractSyntax ", "TransferSyntax", "DataElement", "Association"
    > etc.. but I have a feeling that this approach doesn't fit DICOM and I
    > have this idea of using tools such as Yacc and Lex and I have the
    > feeling that Lisp would also be a choice...

    Hi Seb,

    I'll try to rephrase what you are saying here. It's basically as if
    you were going to the car dealer and asking, what is the best car for
    me: a f50 ferrari or a hybrid toyota prius ?
    You have first to define what are your goals here ? Are you trying
    to implement all part of the standard ? The file format only ? What
    syntax would you like to support, j2k, jpeg, rle, mpeg ?

    DICOM adopted an object oriented design (compare to ACR), so
    choosing an object oriented language kind of make sense. Anyway you
    should be able to anything you want with any language, just pick the
    one you are the most comfortable with.

    AFAIK the hard part will be the support library for instance JPEG-LS
    or J2K are the tricky one (MPEG to certain extent).

    HTH
    -Mathieu

  3. Re: Implementing DICOM - Best approach ?

    > You have first to define what are your goals here ? Are you trying
    > to implement all part of the standard ? The file format only ? What
    > syntax would you like to support, j2k, jpeg, rle, mpeg ?

    Well my goal would be to implement the DICOM network protocol.

    > DICOM adopted an object oriented design (compare to ACR), so
    > choosing an object oriented language kind of make sense. Anyway you
    > should be able to anything you want with any language, just pick the
    > one you are the most comfortable with.
    >
    > AFAIK the hard part will be the support library for instance JPEG-LS
    > or J2K are the tricky one (MPEG to certain extent).
    >
    > HTH
    > -Mathieu

  4. Re: Implementing DICOM - Best approach ?

    Why you don't check for some already done implementations?
    I would suggest you take a look at the one I am developing here:
    http://www.charruasoft.com/en/products/cdtk.htm

    Regards, Rafael Sanguinetti
    CharruaSoft.com

    On 15 ago, 15:21, sebastian.ha...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > You have first to define what are your goals here ? Are you trying
    > > to implement all part of the standard ? The file format only ? What
    > > syntax would you like to support, j2k, jpeg, rle, mpeg ?

    > Well my goal would be to implement the DICOM network protocol.
    >

    > > DICOM adopted an object oriented design (compare to ACR), so
    > > choosing an object oriented language kind of make sense. Anyway you
    > > should be able to anything you want with any language, just pick the
    > > one you are the most comfortable with.

    > > AFAIK the hard part will be the support library for instance JPEG-LS
    > > or J2K are the tricky one (MPEG to certain extent).

    > > HTH
    > > -Mathieu- Ocultar texto de la cita -

    > - Mostrar texto de la cita -

+ Reply to Thread