Help: Query/Retrieve - Study Incomplete - DICOM

This is a discussion on Help: Query/Retrieve - Study Incomplete - DICOM ; Hi. I'm implementing a Query/Retrieve system for teleradiology that retrieves the PACS for studies and send them to another system. The problem is that sometimes, when the query is performed, not all the images are available for that study, therefore, ...

  1. Help: Query/Retrieve - Study Incomplete

    Hi. I'm implementing a Query/Retrieve system for teleradiology that
    retrieves the PACS for studies and send them to another system.
    The problem is that sometimes, when the query is performed, not all
    the images are available for that study, therefore, not all images are
    sent.
    Is there any method that I can use to guarantee that the study is
    complete in the PACS? Is this configurable in the context of the Query/
    Retrieve? I know that some PACSs can "lock" the study until the end of
    the storage (by timeout or storage commitment).

    Can anyone help me?

  2. Re: Help: Query/Retrieve - Study Incomplete

    On Jul 22, 7:52*pm, Bolota wrote:
    > Hi. I'm implementing a Query/Retrieve system for teleradiology that
    > retrieves the PACS for studies and send them to another system.
    > The problem is that sometimes, when the query is performed, not all
    > the images are available for that study, therefore, not all images are
    > sent.
    > Is there any method that I can use to guarantee that the study is
    > complete in the PACS? Is this configurable in the context of the Query/
    > Retrieve? I know that some PACSs can "lock" the study until the end of
    > the storage (by timeout or storage commitment).
    >
    > Can anyone help me?

    If the PACS supports IHE Transaction RAD-49: Instance Availability
    Notification (s. IHE Technical Framework, vol. III, available from
    http://static.ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm ), the PACS can be
    configured to notify your QR client via DICOM Instance Availability
    Notification Service N-CREATE, when ALL instances created in ONE
    Performed Procedure Step at the modality are available by Q/R at the
    archive. But if the Requested Procedure is performed in several
    Procedure Steps, also several Instance Availability Notifications -
    one for each MPPS - will be sent to your QR client for one Study!

    By the way, a Storage Commitment request from the modality does not
    indicate, that all images of a study were transmitted !
    --
    Gunter Zeilinger
    Agfa HealthCare

  3. Re: Help: Query/Retrieve - Study Incomplete

    On 23 Jul, 11:34, gunter zeilinger wrote:
    > On Jul 22, 7:52 pm, Bolota wrote:
    >
    > > Hi. I'm implementing a Query/Retrieve system for teleradiology that
    > > retrieves the PACS for studies and send them to another system.
    > > The problem is that sometimes, when the query is performed, not all
    > > the images are available for that study, therefore, not all images are
    > > sent.
    > > Is there any method that I can use to guarantee that the study is
    > > complete in the PACS? Is this configurable in the context of the Query/
    > > Retrieve? I know that some PACSs can "lock" the study until the end of
    > > the storage (by timeout or storage commitment).

    > > Can anyone help me?

    > If the PACS supports IHE Transaction RAD-49: Instance Availability
    > Notification (s. IHE Technical Framework, vol. III, available fromhttp://static.ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm), the PACS can be
    > configured to notify your QR client via DICOM Instance Availability
    > Notification Service N-CREATE, when ALL instances created in ONE
    > Performed Procedure Step at the modality are available by Q/R at the
    > archive. But if the Requested Procedure is performed in several
    > Procedure Steps, also several Instance Availability Notifications -
    > one for each MPPS - will be sent to your QR client for one Study!
    >
    > By the way, a Storage Commitment request from the modality does not
    > indicate, that all images of a study were transmitted !
    > --
    > Gunter Zeilinger
    > Agfa HealthCare

    Thanks for your fast reply, Gunter.

    I'll keep that suggestion for future implementations.
    However, and as you mentioned, I do not know in advance how many
    Procedure Steps will be, and I am sure that it can be more than one.
    Is there another way to acomplish what I want?

    And by the way, where do I have to look to get these kind of answers.
    Is the IHE Technical Framework the correct source?

    Ricardo Vasconcelos

  4. Re: Help: Query/Retrieve - Study Incomplete

    On 23 Jul, 11:34, gunter zeilinger wrote:
    > On Jul 22, 7:52*pm, Bolota wrote:
    >
    > > Hi. I'm implementing a Query/Retrieve system for teleradiology that
    > > retrieves the PACS for studies and send them to another system.
    > > The problem is that sometimes, when the query is performed, not all
    > > the images are available for that study, therefore, not all images are
    > > sent.
    > > Is there any method that I can use to guarantee that the study is
    > > complete in the PACS? Is this configurable in the context of the Query/
    > > Retrieve? I know that some PACSs can "lock" the study until the end of
    > > the storage (by timeout or storage commitment).

    > > Can anyone help me?

    > If the PACS supports IHE Transaction RAD-49: Instance Availability
    > Notification (s. IHE Technical Framework, vol. III, available fromhttp://static.ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm), the PACS can be
    > configured to notify your QR client via DICOM Instance Availability
    > Notification Service N-CREATE, when ALL instances created in ONE
    > Performed Procedure Step at the modality are available by Q/R at the
    > archive. But if the Requested Procedure is performed in several
    > Procedure Steps, also several Instance Availability Notifications -
    > one for each MPPS - will be sent to your QR client for one Study!
    >
    > By the way, a Storage Commitment request from the modality does not
    > indicate, that all images of a study were transmitted !
    > --
    > Gunter Zeilinger
    > Agfa HealthCare

    Thanks for your fast reply, Gunter.

    I'll keep that suggestion for future implementations.
    However, and as you mentioned, I do not know in advance how many
    Procedure Steps will be, and I am sure that it can be more than one.
    Is there another way to acomplish what I want?

    And by the way, where do I have to look to get these kind of answers.
    Is the IHE Technical Framework the correct source?

    Ricardo Vasconcelos

+ Reply to Thread