Regarding Dicom Sort - DICOM

This is a discussion on Regarding Dicom Sort - DICOM ; Hi, I am trying to sort a folder containing Dicoms for different patients. The common aspect is that all are from CT modality. I am considering sorting on the basis of 1) PatientID 2) Series 3) Orientation (Sagital,Coronal, Axial) I ...

  1. Regarding Dicom Sort

    Hi,
    I am trying to sort a folder containing Dicoms for different patients.
    The common aspect is that all are from CT modality.

    I am considering sorting on the basis of

    1) PatientID
    2) Series
    3) Orientation (Sagital,Coronal, Axial)

    I was able to identify the correct header location of PatientID and
    Series Number but I am not clear of the Orientation.

    I am using Matlab (Mathworks,MA) and Analyze 7.0 (BIR, Mayo Clinic,
    MN)

    My question:

    1) Is there a dicom dictionary or some other material that can help me
    identify the significance of different header parameters or criteria
    for sorting

    2) Is there a free tool for windows ? (can consider one on linux if no
    other alternative) available for sorting using the above mentioned
    fields .

    I have seen few responses in the forum as well scanned through the
    medical.nema.org

    however do not have anything concrete. Any information you can provide
    would be helpful.

    Regards,
    Nipun

  2. Re: Regarding Dicom Sort

    I have some answers ...check my comments
    nipunpatel@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to sort a folder containing Dicoms for different patients.
    > The common aspect is that all are from CT modality.
    >
    > I am considering sorting on the basis of
    >
    > 1) PatientID
    > 2) Series
    > 3) Orientation (Sagital,Coronal, Axial)
    >
    > I was able to identify the correct header location of PatientID and
    > Series Number but I am not clear of the Orientation.

    Orientation can be find based on the rowvector and column vector of
    image orientation
    Do the cross product of these vector it will give the directional
    vector based on this you can
    find whether it is sagital , coronal , axial.
    Sorting of dicom files it varies from application to application ...

    > I am using Matlab (Mathworks,MA) and Analyze 7.0 (BIR, Mayo Clinic,
    > MN)
    >
    > My question:
    >
    > 1) Is there a dicom dictionary or some other material that can help me
    > identify the significance of different header parameters or criteria
    > for sorting
    >
    > 2) Is there a free tool for windows ? (can consider one on linux if no
    > other alternative) available for sorting using the above mentioned
    > fields .
    >
    > I have seen few responses in the forum as well scanned through the
    > medical.nema.org
    >
    > however do not have anything concrete. Any information you can provide
    > would be helpful.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Nipun

+ Reply to Thread