Parser for a DICOM file - DICOM

This is a discussion on Parser for a DICOM file - DICOM ; Hello, I would like to write an application in python that read a DICOM file and extract the image matrix. I have some troubles to understand the DICOM format. Do you know if there exists any source code for a ...

  1. Parser for a DICOM file

    Hello,

    I would like to write an application in python that read a DICOM file
    and extract the image matrix. I have some troubles to understand the
    DICOM format. Do you know if there exists any source code for a DICOM
    parser in python or in another langage in order that I can understand
    how it works ?

    thank you very much

    Eric

  2. Re: Parser for a DICOM file

    On 3 Apr, 15:34, "Eric" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to write an application in python that read a DICOM file
    > and extract the image matrix. I have some troubles to understand the
    > DICOM format. Do you know if there exists any source code for a DICOM
    > parser in python or in another langage in order that I can understand
    > how it works ?
    >
    > thank you very much
    >
    > Eric

    This question has already been answered sereval times in this group.

    Try searching a little, you can begin by reading
    "A little help getting started with DICOM"
    http://groups.google.se/group/comp.p...60be8f7523ad8e

    Cheers,
    Lennart

  3. Re: Parser for a DICOM file

    On Apr 3, 1:34 pm, "Eric" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to write an application in python that read a DICOM file
    > and extract the image matrix. I have some troubles to understand the
    > DICOM format. Do you know if there exists any source code for a DICOM
    > parser in python or in another langage in order that I can understand
    > how it works ?

    Hi Eric,

    By now you should have realized that the DICOM file format can be
    pretty difficult to implement, so I'd suggest you reuse some existing
    code.
    1. GDCM is wrapped in python so can be used in python out of the box
    2. dcmtk is written in C++ and it should not be too hard to expose a C
    interface then access it from python
    3. Search on google for something like: `dicom.py`

    -M

+ Reply to Thread