FindSCU datamining - DICOM

This is a discussion on FindSCU datamining - DICOM ; Hi, We currently have all studies archived on a commercial PACS system. I wish to do queries which are not available on the PACS console and are not available via remote query (In this case it is a search by ...

  1. FindSCU datamining

    Hi,

    We currently have all studies archived on a commercial PACS system. I
    wish to do queries which are not available on the PACS console and are
    not available via remote query (In this case it is a search by Series
    Description).

    Prior to PACS, I used to parse the DICOMDIR off backup disks and send
    it to a database (mysql). We also have a viewing station which
    conveniently stores an analog the DICOMDIR as a MSAccess database.

    I want to avoid auto-routing images to a DICOM node just for the
    purposes of indexing. It could have negative effects on the network,
    particularly some machines send ques get stuck. We try to keep auto-
    routing to a minimum unless there is a clinical or good QA reason to
    do it.

    I'd prefer to run C-FIND on acquisition computers on nightly basis.
    Most acquisition computers still have todays studies on them so I can
    build up the index of archived studies on a nightly basis.

    The question I have is - What is the most suitable toolkit for doing
    this task?
    I've had a try using things like "findscu -k 0008,0020=20070326 ..."
    but it didn't work. Would I need to write something in Java or C#?

    Robbie
    http://barnett.id.au/

  2. Re: FindSCU datamining

    > We currently have all studies archived on a commercial PACS system. I
    > wish to do queries which are not available on the PACS console and are
    > not available via remote query (In this case it is a search by Series
    > Description).

    The series description is not a required tag to be supported by a pacs
    for cfind.

    that means, you may not be able to search series-descriptions using cfind

+ Reply to Thread