DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL - DICOM ; Hi all, We have a Logiq 400 CL with software 4.02 and I am trying to figure out how to transfer multiple DICOM images efficiently from it to an SCP running on my Windows 2000 server. I am able to ...

  1. DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL

    Hi all,

    We have a Logiq 400 CL with software 4.02 and I am trying to figure
    out how to transfer multiple DICOM images efficiently from it to an
    SCP running on my Windows 2000 server. I am able to transfer 1 file at
    a time but it is very inefficient for the sonographer. I called GE and
    they said the software I have is too old and they don't support it
    anymore.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you.
    Malay

  2. Re: DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL

    On Mar 20, 9:36 pm, "mthakershi" wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We have a Logiq 400 CL with software 4.02 and I am trying to figure
    > out how to transfer multiple DICOM images efficiently from it to an
    > SCP running on my Windows 2000 server. I am able to transfer 1 file at
    > a time but it is very inefficient for the sonographer. I called GE and
    > they said the software I have is too old and they don't support it
    > anymore.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Malay

    Hi Malay

    Yes indeed transferring one file at a time is time consuming,
    considering this problem, DICOM provides you with a concept
    asynchronous operations window, where you can negotiate with CStore
    SCP for maximum invoke and perform.
    Then you actually can send multiple files without waiting for
    acknowledgement to arrive, this has been quite useful in improving
    network utilization. Most of the time after sending file on the
    network we wait for response, this is a bottleneck !! instead we can
    pump multiple files depending on how many invokes we have negotiated
    and then wait for responses accordingly.

    I guess many dicom toolkits provide this asynchronous operations
    window feature. You can check.

    Regards
    Bimalendu

  3. Re: DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL

    On Mar 21, 3:55 am, bimalen...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Mar 20, 9:36 pm, "mthakershi" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,

    > > We have a Logiq 400 CL with software 4.02 and I am trying to figure
    > > out how to transfer multiple DICOM images efficiently from it to an
    > > SCP running on my Windows 2000 server. I am able to transfer 1 file at
    > > a time but it is very inefficient for the sonographer. I called GE and
    > > they said the software I have is too old and they don't support it
    > > anymore.

    > > Any help is appreciated.

    > > Thank you.
    > > Malay

    > Hi Malay
    >
    > Yes indeed transferring one file at a time is time consuming,
    > considering this problem, DICOM provides you with a concept
    > asynchronous operations window, where you can negotiate with CStore
    > SCP for maximum invoke and perform.
    > Then you actually can send multiple files without waiting for
    > acknowledgement to arrive, this has been quite useful in improving
    > network utilization. Most of the time after sending file on the
    > network we wait for response, this is a bottleneck !! instead we can
    > pump multiple files depending on how many invokes we have negotiated
    > and then wait for responses accordingly.
    >
    > I guess many dicom toolkits provide this asynchronous operations
    > window feature. You can check.
    >
    > Regards
    > Bimalendu

    Well.. I understand your point but you didn't get my question right.

    What I am not able to figure out is how the ultrasound machine can
    transfer multiple images at the same time. Something has to be done
    there on the machine's settings.

    Thank you for your suggestion.

    Malay

  4. Re: DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL

    You may want to review page 9 of the conformance statement.

    http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/int.../logic5001.pdf

    It speaks to how the images need to be queued prior to the first send.
    Overall I don't think you have many options to improve your network
    transfer abilities. It's just an old system. Don't look to transfer
    like systems do today. This is one of the early implementations of
    DICOM by GEMS. You may be dealing with retired elements too. If I
    understand correctly, the DICOM feature was just stuck on rather than
    being an integral part of the U/S unit.

    Good luck, but it may be time to get a new unit or at least a newer
    system.

    Binary

    On 20 Mar 2007 09:36:17 -0700, "mthakershi"
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >We have a Logiq 400 CL with software 4.02 and I am trying to figure
    >out how to transfer multiple DICOM images efficiently from it to an
    >SCP running on my Windows 2000 server. I am able to transfer 1 file at
    >a time but it is very inefficient for the sonographer. I called GE and
    >they said the software I have is too old and they don't support it
    >anymore.
    >
    >Any help is appreciated.
    >
    >Thank you.
    >Malay

  5. Re: DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL

    On Mar 21, 10:27 pm, Binary wrote:
    > You may want to review page 9 of the conformance statement.
    >
    > http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/int.../docs/logic500...
    >
    > It speaks to how the images need to be queued prior to the first send.
    > Overall I don't think you have many options to improve your network
    > transfer abilities. It's just an old system. Don't look to transfer
    > like systems do today. This is one of the early implementations of
    > DICOM by GEMS. You may be dealing with retired elements too. If I
    > understand correctly, the DICOM feature was just stuck on rather than
    > being an integral part of the U/S unit.
    >
    > Good luck, but it may be time to get a new unit or at least a newer
    > system.
    >
    > Binary
    >
    > On 20 Mar 2007 09:36:17 -0700, "mthakershi"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all,

    > >We have a Logiq 400 CL with software 4.02 and I am trying to figure
    > >out how to transfer multiple DICOM images efficiently from it to an
    > >SCP running on my Windows 2000 server. I am able to transfer 1 file at
    > >a time but it is very inefficient for the sonographer. I called GE and
    > >they said the software I have is too old and they don't support it
    > >anymore.

    > >Any help is appreciated.

    > >Thank you.
    > >Malay

    Hi everyone,

    I am not talking about performance here.

    I am talking about function (keystrokes) on the ultrasound machine
    that will enable me to queue images (or something like select all on
    the disk and transfer them using DICOM).

    Thank you for your help though.

    Malay

  6. Re: DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL - 22098300.pdf (0/1)

    What you really need is an operators manual (10MB pdf). I'm attaching
    one that should be close to the unit you have. You may need to
    configure the system and the info here should help.

    Binary

    On 22 Mar 2007 09:28:01 -0700, "mthakershi"
    wrote:

    >On Mar 21, 10:27 pm, Binary wrote:
    >> You may want to review page 9 of the conformance statement.
    >>
    >> http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/int.../docs/logic500...
    >>
    >> It speaks to how the images need to be queued prior to the first send.
    >> Overall I don't think you have many options to improve your network
    >> transfer abilities. It's just an old system. Don't look to transfer
    >> like systems do today. This is one of the early implementations of
    >> DICOM by GEMS. You may be dealing with retired elements too. If I
    >> understand correctly, the DICOM feature was just stuck on rather than
    >> being an integral part of the U/S unit.
    >>
    >> Good luck, but it may be time to get a new unit or at least a newer
    >> system.
    >>
    >> Binary
    >>
    >> On 20 Mar 2007 09:36:17 -0700, "mthakershi"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi all,

    >> >We have a Logiq 400 CL with software 4.02 and I am trying to figure
    >> >out how to transfer multiple DICOM images efficiently from it to an
    >> >SCP running on my Windows 2000 server. I am able to transfer 1 file at
    >> >a time but it is very inefficient for the sonographer. I called GE and
    >> >they said the software I have is too old and they don't support it
    >> >anymore.

    >> >Any help is appreciated.

    >> >Thank you.
    >> >Malay

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >I am not talking about performance here.
    >
    >I am talking about function (keystrokes) on the ultrasound machine
    >that will enable me to queue images (or something like select all on
    >the disk and transfer them using DICOM).
    >
    >Thank you for your help though.
    >
    >Malay

  7. Re: DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL - "22098300.pdf" (0/1) 9.3 MBytes yEnc

    wrote:

    >On Mar 21, 10:27 pm, Binary wrote:
    >> You may want to review page 9 of the conformance statement.
    >>
    >> http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/int.../docs/logic500...
    >>
    >> It speaks to how the images need to be queued prior to the first send.
    >> Overall I don't think you have many options to improve your network
    >> transfer abilities. It's just an old system. Don't look to transfer
    >> like systems do today. This is one of the early implementations of
    >> DICOM by GEMS. You may be dealing with retired elements too. If I
    >> understand correctly, the DICOM feature was just stuck on rather than
    >> being an integral part of the U/S unit.
    >>
    >> Good luck, but it may be time to get a new unit or at least a newer
    >> system.
    >>
    >> Binary
    >>
    >> On 20 Mar 2007 09:36:17 -0700, "mthakershi"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi all,

    >> >We have a Logiq 400 CL with software 4.02 and I am trying to figure
    >> >out how to transfer multiple DICOM images efficiently from it to an
    >> >SCP running on my Windows 2000 server. I am able to transfer 1 file at
    >> >a time but it is very inefficient for the sonographer. I called GE and
    >> >they said the software I have is too old and they don't support it
    >> >anymore.

    >> >Any help is appreciated.

    >> >Thank you.
    >> >Malay

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >I am not talking about performance here.
    >
    >I am talking about function (keystrokes) on the ultrasound machine
    >that will enable me to queue images (or something like select all on
    >the disk and transfer them using DICOM).
    >
    >Thank you for your help though.
    >
    >Malay

  8. Re: DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL - "22098300.pdf" (00/40) 9.3 MBytes yEnc

    wrote:

    >On Mar 21, 10:27 pm, Binary wrote:
    >> You may want to review page 9 of the conformance statement.
    >>
    >> http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/int.../docs/logic500...
    >>
    >> It speaks to how the images need to be queued prior to the first send.
    >> Overall I don't think you have many options to improve your network
    >> transfer abilities. It's just an old system. Don't look to transfer
    >> like systems do today. This is one of the early implementations of
    >> DICOM by GEMS. You may be dealing with retired elements too. If I
    >> understand correctly, the DICOM feature was just stuck on rather than
    >> being an integral part of the U/S unit.
    >>
    >> Good luck, but it may be time to get a new unit or at least a newer
    >> system.
    >>
    >> Binary
    >>
    >> On 20 Mar 2007 09:36:17 -0700, "mthakershi"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi all,

    >> >We have a Logiq 400 CL with software 4.02 and I am trying to figure
    >> >out how to transfer multiple DICOM images efficiently from it to an
    >> >SCP running on my Windows 2000 server. I am able to transfer 1 file at
    >> >a time but it is very inefficient for the sonographer. I called GE and
    >> >they said the software I have is too old and they don't support it
    >> >anymore.

    >> >Any help is appreciated.

    >> >Thank you.
    >> >Malay

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >I am not talking about performance here.
    >
    >I am talking about function (keystrokes) on the ultrasound machine
    >that will enable me to queue images (or something like select all on
    >the disk and transfer them using DICOM).
    >
    >Thank you for your help though.
    >
    >Malay

  9. Re: DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL - "22098300.pdf" (00/40) 9.3 MBytes yEnc

    On Mar 22, 10:02 pm, r...@cox.net wrote:
    > What you really need is an operators manual (10MB pdf). I'm attaching
    > one that should be close to the unit you have. You may need to
    > configure the system and the info here should help.
    >
    > Binary
    >
    > On 22 Mar 2007 09:28:01 -0700, "mthakershi"
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On Mar 21, 10:27 pm, Binary wrote:
    > >> You may want to review page 9 of the conformance statement.

    > >>http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/int.../docs/logic500...

    > >> It speaks to how the images need to be queued prior to the first send.
    > >> Overall I don't think you have many options to improve your network
    > >> transfer abilities. It's just an old system. Don't look to transfer
    > >> like systems do today. This is one of the early implementations of
    > >> DICOM by GEMS. You may be dealing with retired elements too. If I
    > >> understand correctly, the DICOM feature was just stuck on rather than
    > >> being an integral part of the U/S unit.

    > >> Good luck, but it may be time to get a new unit or at least a newer
    > >> system.

    > >> Binary

    > >Hi everyone,

    > >I am not talking about performance here.

    > >I am talking about function (keystrokes) on the ultrasound machine
    > >that will enable me to queue images (or something like select all on
    > >the disk and transfer them using DICOM).

    > >Thank you for your help though.

    > >Malay- Hide quoted text -

    I have a manual that came with the machine, but it doesn't answer my
    question.

    How do I download the attachment? I don't see it.

    Thank you.

  10. Re: DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL - "22098300.pdf" (00/40) 9.3 MBytes yEnc

    You've stated you have the manual. Do you have all 3 volumes? The bulk
    of the DICOM configuration and operation is in the third volume. I
    can't give you a direct link to the manual at the GE site. But if you
    need, I'll give instructions to find it.

    Are you using the Worklist function?
    Are you starting each exam as a new patient?
    Are you entering a full name?
    Are you entering a patient ID?
    Are you or can you enter an accession number?

    You know these values are needed to help define a series of images as
    an exam in the DICOM header. When the exam is completed the collection
    of images should be queued and transferred together.

    From the U/S unit does your SCP server DICOM ping successfully?

    The attachment is actually listed as a separate post using the same
    subject header text. Because of news server limits and the size of the
    file, the file has been split into 40 segments and yEnc encoded. Does
    your news reader handle yEnc encoded files?

    Binary

    On 22 Mar 2007 20:47:10 -0700, "mthakershi"
    wrote:

    >On Mar 22, 10:02 pm, r...@cox.net wrote:
    >> What you really need is an operators manual (10MB pdf). I'm attaching
    >> one that should be close to the unit you have. You may need to
    >> configure the system and the info here should help.
    >>
    >> Binary
    >>
    >> On 22 Mar 2007 09:28:01 -0700, "mthakershi"
    >> wrote:

    >> >Hi everyone,

    >> >I am not talking about performance here.

    >> >I am talking about function (keystrokes) on the ultrasound machine
    >> >that will enable me to queue images (or something like select all on
    >> >the disk and transfer them using DICOM).

    >> >Thank you for your help though.

    >> >Malay- Hide quoted text -

    >I have a manual that came with the machine, but it doesn't answer my
    >question.
    >
    >How do I download the attachment? I don't see it.
    >
    >Thank you.

  11. Re: DICOM multiple image transfer with GE Logiq 400 CL - "22098300.pdf" (00/40) 9.3 MBytes yEnc

    On Mar 23, 8:28 pm, Binary wrote:
    > You've stated you have the manual. Do you have all 3 volumes? The bulk
    > of the DICOM configuration and operation is in the third volume. I
    > can't give you a direct link to the manual at the GE site. But if you
    > need, I'll give instructions to find it.
    >
    > Are you using the Worklist function?
    > Are you starting each exam as a new patient?
    > Are you entering a full name?
    > Are you entering a patient ID?
    > Are you or can you enter an accession number?
    >
    > You know these values are needed to help define a series of images as
    > an exam in the DICOM header. When the exam is completed the collection
    > of images should be queued and transferred together.
    >
    > From the U/S unit does your SCP server DICOM ping successfully?
    >
    > The attachment is actually listed as a separate post using the same
    > subject header text. Because of news server limits and the size of the
    > file, the file has been split into 40 segments and yEnc encoded. Does
    > your news reader handle yEnc encoded files?
    >
    > Binary
    >
    > On 22 Mar 2007 20:47:10 -0700, "mthakershi"
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On Mar 22, 10:02 pm, r...@cox.net wrote:
    > >> What you really need is an operators manual (10MB pdf). I'm attaching
    > >> one that should be close to the unit you have. You may need to
    > >> configure the system and the info here should help.

    > >> Binary

    > >I have a manual that came with the machine, but it doesn't answer my
    > >question.

    > >How do I download the attachment? I don't see it.

    > >Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

    I have 2 volumes of operator manuals and 2 volumes of advanced manual.
    That's what it came with.

    To answer your questions,
    We don't use Worklist function. I believe it is to get patient's
    information in advanced from out main patient information system.
    We start each exam as new patient.
    We enter full name of the patient.
    We enter patient ID. Sonographer makes sure the patient ID is the same
    as in the main patient information system.
    We don't enter accession number but there is field in the new patient
    entry screen where we can enter it. Would it provide multiple transfer/
    queueing option if we enter this number? What is the meaning of this
    number?
    U/S machine pings successfully from 'verify network configuration'
    screen.

    I just use google groups webpage to read and write posts. Do I need
    special reader to download files?

    Thank you very much for taking time to reply me.

    Malay

+ Reply to Thread