RIS and Pacs integration querys - DICOM

This is a discussion on RIS and Pacs integration querys - DICOM ; Dear All Very thanks advance we have doubt. let us think " we have raised the order against in HIS , A patient is scheduled in the RIS and the modality has reterived the worlist and the scan is in ...

  1. RIS and Pacs integration querys

    Dear All

    Very thanks advance

    we have doubt. let us think " we have raised the order against in
    HIS , A patient is scheduled in the RIS and the modality has reterived
    the worlist and the scan is in progress and the radiographer wanted to
    do contrast study against the patient without taking the patient.
    Whether we have to reschedule the patient or IHE standard say of doing
    it anyother way.

    with regards
    DICOM_TESTER

  2. Re: RIS and Pacs integration querys

    On Mar 7, 12:02 pm, dinesh.karumat...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Dear All
    >
    > Very thanks advance
    >
    > we have doubt. let us think " we have raised the order against in
    > HIS , A patient is scheduled in the RIS and the modality has reterived
    > the worlist and the scan is in progress and the radiographer wanted to
    > do contrast study against the patient without taking the patient.
    > Whether we have to reschedule the patient or IHE standard say of doing
    > it anyother way.
    >
    > with regards
    > DICOM_TESTER

    The IHE scjeduled radiology workflow profile does provide a mechanism
    for a modality to report additional performed steps or performed steps
    different from requested procedure/scheduled steps which were
    originally ordered/requested. It is referred to the "Append Case"
    under modality performed procedure step. Another case documented is an
    Order Replacement by the DSS/Order Filler. Both these cases are
    diagramed in a presentation by Dr Nicholaus Wirsz from the 2002 IHE
    Europe Workshop here
    http://ihe.univ-rennes1.fr/TF/tutorials/RAD/SWF1.pdf

    Further details are available in the SWF Tech Framework Documentation
    here
    http://ihe.univ-rennes1.fr/data/edit...he_tf_rev7.pdf
    and here
    http://ihe.univ-rennes1.fr/data/edit..._tf_rev7-2.pdf
    and here
    http://ihe.univ-rennes1.fr/data/edit..._tf_rev7-3.pdf

    It should be noted, these off-normal use cases may not be fully
    implemented by all the applications in an environment, even when those
    vendors claim compliance to the IHE SWF profile. Thus while your
    modality may support transmitting added procedure information, your
    RIS/PACS may not support PPS, or may not support picking up new
    procedures in the PPS and integrating them into procedure records.

    Or, while the RIS/PACS might support picking the information up from
    the PPS message, the modality may lack suffiicent information or
    codes neccessary for the RIS or HIS to integrated the information
    into their records. Consider in the Append case that you've outlined.
    You're trying to avoid having to go back to the HIS or RIS to re-order
    and schedule the procedure with the added information. In essence
    you're asking to be able to to invoke an order update function right
    on the modality console. Most modalities will happily allow you to
    add a contrast series to an exam being performed. They will even
    incorporate the information into the dicom image headers and include
    the added information into the PPS message sent back the PPS manager
    (RIS or PACS). But in most cases the modality won't have loaded the
    codes that the HIS or RIS would use to index it into their database,
    propagate the added information onto their worklists, and pass it on
    their billing system etc. Usually the modalities have their protocols
    and code sets which are independent of those used in the other systems
    in place. For the end to end integration to work, not only do the
    interfaces have to be in place, the modality has to have mapped its
    acquisition protocols to a common codeset also used by the RIS and
    HIS. The IHE Append case provides the interfaces to make it happen,
    but I've yet to see it happen in a real clinical setting. Usually its
    easier just reorder/reschedule in the HIS/RIS

+ Reply to Thread