troubleshooting RIS-PACS - DICOM

This is a discussion on troubleshooting RIS-PACS - DICOM ; Hello, Just got a news PACS system installed...slowly getting up to speed. Recently, we had an issue where a WKS was getting the data while the other one right next to it..same network no FW was not getting anything. Dicom ...

  1. troubleshooting RIS-PACS

    Hello, Just got a news PACS system installed...slowly getting up to
    speed. Recently, we had an issue where a WKS was getting the data
    while the other one right next to it..same network no FW was not
    getting anything. Dicom ping worked fine.

    I tried using most of the freewares...it was found that Windows OS was
    having a license issue but Admin had bloked to see events.

    Is there anybody who is using end to end debgugging/logging or GUI
    tool to help out.

    thanks in advance

  2. Re: troubleshooting RIS-PACS

    Hi,

    I recommend to use DICOM Network Analyzer by DVTK:
    http://www.dvtk.org/modules/wfdownlo...p?cid=3&lid=10

    It is free and easy to use and monitors the network adaptor for DICOM
    messaging. I am realy using it.

  3. Re: troubleshooting RIS-PACS

    Hi, you can use DICOM detective to analyze the detail of the DICOM
    communication.
    It is GUI tool that can do end to end debgugging/logging.
    Ask service@dicomtool.com for the product key.
    ------
    DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software
    tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen,
    programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM
    networks.

    Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM
    servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online
    immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication
    offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite.

    DICOM Detective is also a great tool for DICOM beginners to learn the
    detail of DICOM, just capture a DICOM communication and open it with
    DICOM detective, you will know what the DICOM is and how simple it is.

    Now comes the more stable version 1.02 with find data element
    function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese
    support

  4. Re: troubleshooting RIS-PACS

    DICOM Detective is at http://www.dicomtool.com, you can download it at
    the site.