Measurements in CR, DR and US studies. - DICOM

This is a discussion on Measurements in CR, DR and US studies. - DICOM ; Hi, I read few of the old messages on this topic and I am still cofused regarding this. What parameter, Pixel Spacing or image pixel spacing should be used while calculating the length? Also this technique will work on all ...

  1. Measurements in CR, DR and US studies.

    Hi,

    I read few of the old messages on this topic and I am still cofused
    regarding this.

    What parameter, Pixel Spacing or image pixel spacing should be used
    while calculating the length?

    Also this technique will work on all (XA,CR,DR,US) images or there are
    differenret methods for different images.

    I downloaded Test images of date 20050624 for Pixel spacing and they
    say image pixel spacing should be used. Is this correct?

    Also does this parameter exist in ultrasound images or not?

    Regards,
    Prashant

  2. Re: Measurements in CR, DR and US studies.

    On Feb 28, 1:29 pm, "Prash" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I read few of the old messages on this topic and I am still cofused
    > regarding this.
    >
    > What parameter, Pixel Spacing or image pixel spacing should be used
    > while calculating the length?
    >
    > Also this technique will work on all (XA,CR,DR,US) images or there
    > are differenret methods for different images.
    > [...]

    As far as Ultrasound and Ultrasound-Multiframe images are concerned,
    neither Pixel Spacing not Image Pixel spacing are appropriate.

    Every US image can be made by one or more regions, that can be planes
    in the space, or something else, so there is not a "global" pixel
    spacing. There is a special description, based upon the US Region
    Calibration Module. Using it (it is a sequence) you can describe
    multiple regions, and their calibration (not necessarily mm !) along
    the rows and columns.

    See

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....c0645d8b119ff5

    and